The NIHR Applied Research Collaborations (ARC) Wessex are offering six internships specific to mental health research. These opportunities are open to anyone working in or with mental health or social care services across the Wessex region, including staff from NHS Trusts, universities, local government, health, social care or community care organisations, charities and the voluntary sector.
What does the award involve?
The internship programme offers an introduction to clinical research through gaining research experience by observing/visiting/working in a research environment tailored to your learning needs. For those new to research the awards may offer protected time to develop an understanding of research and how to embed research into everyday practice.
To be eligible for one of these awards you will need to provide evidence that you:
- Are a graduate (i.e., have a bachelor’s degree)
- Are from a Wessex-based health or care organisation, local authority, university, or voluntary or community sector organisation, involved in mental health or social care.
- Hold a substantive full or part time contract with a health care / social care organisation or voluntary care sector organisation
- Have support from your line manager to undertake the internship
- Have a keen interest in gaining research experience that is relevant to your usual role
- Have identified a named research supervisor who has agreed to support the internship
- Live Q&A: Thursday, 11 May 2023 16:30 – 17:30 – Click here to join the MS Teams session
- Submission deadline: 4th June 2023
- Shortlisting: 5th July 2023
- Award outcome notification: week beginning 10th July 2023
- Internship start/induction date: 25th September 2023