Free access to the Cambridge Diabetes Education Programme (CDEP) online diabetes learning tool for all SWAST staff.
A variety of diabetes specific topics are available which currently amounts to 30 hours of diabetes study time that supports all levels of healthcare practitioners demonstrate their diabetes knowledge and skills relevant to their role.
CDEP is now offering 26 topics, and you can start wherever you choose as there is no particular order that needs to be followed; but it’s recommended that Ambulance staff start with Hypo & Hyerglycaemia.
- What is diabetes – an introduction to diabetes
- Oral Therapies
- Injectable Therapies
- Foot Care
- Nutrition (TREND)
- Blood glucose and ketone monitoring
- Promoting self-care
- Pre-conception care
- Screening, prevention & early detection of type 2 diabetes
- Nutrition & Physical Activity (QoF DM13 requirements)
- Managing diabetes in hospital
- Managing diabetes in residential or nursing home care
- Carbohydrate counting and insulin injection dose adjustment