The Addison’s Disease Awareness Training Course is there to provide you with information on what the disease is, how it originated and the signs that you need to look out for. It will give you a fair understanding on how easily this disease can be missed, and even dismissed, by thousands of people and what can be done in order to ensure that you can help those who are clear about Addison’s Disease.
Click here to access and read publications relating to Addison’s Disease
The speakers for this session will be Bob and Frances Thomas, who are both volunteers with the Addison’s Self-Help Group (ADSHG). They will present a PowerPoint presentation via Zoom where at the end of the session, you will be able to ask any questions about the disease and about the group.
These are the learning outcomes for this session:
- Improve knowledge of Addison’s Disease and how it impacts on people with the disease.
- Improve knowledge of the signs and management of adrenal crisis.
- Describe the origins of Addison’s Disease.
- State the different types of Addison’s Disease.
- Explain the different types of adrenal insufficiency.
- Describe the symptoms caused by Addison’s Disease.
The session timings will be 10:00am-11:30am. The two dates for this session are:
- Tuesday 24th November
- Thursday 26th November