*This course is provide by an external provider, to assist the internal faculty in managing demand. The internal faculty courses will still continue to run alongside these*
*Please note that these cohorts are not available to Student Paramedics at this time, however should this change a further update will be advertised*
OPEN TO ALL STAFF – The Level 3 Award in Education and Training replaces the Level 3 qualification in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS). Upon completion, you will be able to begin a career within a teaching environment as a support function, assisting teachers. It’s a great course for anyone wanting to get into teaching and is a fantastic stepping stone from an Assessor’s qualification or on to the Level 4 Certificate to become a teacher of adult education.
Attendance & Portfolio required (virtual) –
This course requires 100% attendance of 6 taught days by the awarding body to achieve the qualification. It also requires you to submit a portfolio of work. Failure to do so will mean you will not pass the course. Please think carefully about whether you can commit to this before applying.
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in
education and training.
- Understand inclusive teaching and learning
approaches in education and training.
- Understand ways to create an inclusive teaching
and learning environment.
- Be able to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and
- Be able to evaluate the delivery of inclusive
teaching and learning.
- Understand types and methods of assessment
used in education and training.
- Understand the role and use of constructive
feedback in the assessment process.
What should I expect?
We have had lots of great feedback about this course. Some of the feedback we have received is that some felt they weren’t necessarily prepared for the coursework required outside of the study days. Generally staff will need to complete the following:
- 3 written assignments (for 3 units studied).
- A micro teach (on day 5) and this generates about 7 pieces of work.
- A Powerpoint presentation (designed only) covering aspects of inclusive teaching and learning.
- A Reflective Journal – 3 entries
The Provider usually require all assignments to be submitted 1 month after assessment.
All of the above embed the learning from the course so it is a great way to learn. Some of the six contact days do factor in time to complete assignments, but some time will need to be spent outside of these dates. If you would like to discuss with the provider prior to signing up, please contact us and we will put you in touch.
Delivery model: Online, taught.
Pleas use the form below to apply. These places will be allocated on a first come first basis.