*This module is open to staff from across SWAST, however please be mindful that delivery of this module may be face-to-face, so some travel may be required. Please contact the university directly if you have any queries about this.*
Prior to applying or expressing an interest in a module place please ensure you have checked that you meet the entry requirements and that you have checked the application deadline.
This module will increase your knowledge and skills in the recognition, assessment and immediate management of illness and/or injury in children and young people requiring urgent or emergency care in a range of settings.
It will also enable you to apply current research/evidence to practice, incorporating relevant professional, legal and ethical dimensions, and deliver holistic care to sick children and their families.
You will also enhance your existing knowledge and skills in the holistic care of children and young people by applying deeper knowledge and understanding to the assessment and management of illness and/or injury and will develop your ability to manage care environments to meet the health needs of children/young people and their families.
On successful completion of the module you will be able to:
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of a range of minor health problems/injuries in children
- act with initiative in recognising the sick and/or injured child/young person and managing their immediate care needs
- demonstrate critical self-awareness and work effectively with members of the multi-disciplinary/multi-agency team
- act as an advocate to promote environments conducive to the health care of the child and family
- critically analyse and evaluate relevant professional, ethical and legal dimensions of child care.
The assessment for this module is in two parts:
- a written essay
- a portfolio of practice experiences
Masters Level: APP738
- TBC – probable commencement end of Jan 2023
Delivery mode: Blended delivery with some face to face sessions in Plymouth. *You need to be available for all dates*
Please fill in the funding application form below and click submit.
Deadline for applications: Monday 14th November 2022 at 9am
You will be contacted approx 2-3 weeks after this to let you know if you have been successful as the CPD scoring process, followed by further instructions regarding the application process.
Click Here for more info