*This module is open to staff from across SWAST, however please be mindful that delivery of this module may be face-to-face, so some travel may be required. Please contact the university directly if you have any queries about this.*
Prior to applying or expressing an interest in a module place please ensure you have checked that you meet the entry requirements and that you have checked the application deadline.
Successful completion of the module will enable you to demonstrate the personal qualities required to work with others and to lead on the management of finite resources through initiatives supporting quality improvement and innovation.
On successful completion of the module you will be able to:
- critically reflect on the development of your own leadership skills and consider how best to enhance collaborative working across organisational boundaries and systems
- apply a critical analysis of the approach to define complex problems, selecting appropriate techniques and evidence to
- evaluate factors that influence innovation and service improvement
- critically analyse current methods for the involvement of others in service improvement/innovation including patients/service users.
- communicate with and engage in critical debate to inform resource management
- critically appraise theories of organisational culture, leadership and change, and your influence as ‘enablers’ to service improvement, quality, governance and the service user experience.
The assessment takes the form of a service improvement, initiative, or innovation. This can be about an idea you are considering, one that is under way or one that you have already completed. As part of the assignment you will complete a project proposal or project report.
Masters Level: APP736
Delivery 1: 2022
- 12th, 19th & 26th September
- 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th & 31st October
Delivery 2: 2023
- TBC – probable commencement May 2023
Delivery mode: Blended delivery with some face to face sessions in Plymouth. *You need to be available for all dates*
Please fill in the funding application form below and click submit.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 19th July 2022 at 9am
You will be contacted approx 2-3 weeks after this to let you know if you have been successful as the CPD scoring process, followed by further instructions regarding the application process.
Click Here for more info