*This module is open to staff from across SWAST, however please be mindful that delivery of this module may be face-to-face, so some travel may be required. Please contact the university directly if you have any queries about this.*
Prior to applying or expressing an interest in a module place please ensure you have checked that you meet the entry requirements and that you have checked the application deadline.
This module is designed to enable healthcare professionals to critically examine and develop in an area of professional clinical practice, in urgent and emergency care.
Taught workshops will guide the student, building on their pre-existing body of knowledge to further develop their skills in health assessment, clinical examination and clinical reasoning.
On successful completion of the module you will be able to:
- receive a history and critically analyse the findings in relation to the patient’s clinical presentation
- critically examine the theory specific to your patient’s health needs and the ability to differentiate minor illness and injury from serious illness and major injury
- critically evaluate your management planning to optimise patient safety and work in partnership with your patients
- critically evaluate their development, identifying their own learning needs, within specialist areas through use of clinical examinations and consultations
- critically evaluate the evidence base that contributes to practice developments within minor injuries.
- The assessment for this module is an essay.
Masters Level: APP766
- TBC – probable commencement end of Jan 2023
Delivery mode: Blended delivery with some face to face sessions in Plymouth. *You need to be available for all dates*
Please fill in the funding application form below and click submit.
Deadline for applications: Monday 14th November 2022 at 9am
You will be contacted approx 2-3 weeks after this to let you know if you have been successful as the CPD scoring process, followed by further instructions regarding the application process.
Click Here for more info