Prior to applying or expressing an interest in a module place please ensure you have checked the application deadline and that you meet the entry requirements.
It is also important to read the ‘How to Apply’ section below with specific information relating to applying for modules at University of Cumbria to aid success of your application.
The aim of this module is to enable you to understand the concepts of contemporary leadership, transformative learning and reflection as it relates to your personal leadership style, including links to developing and understanding professional identity.
For full information on module content & delivery please check here.
This programme has been specifically developed to meet the continuing professional development needs of individuals who are leading, managing, supervising at a strategic level (or aspiring to do so) in health and social care settings. The programme is designed to enable you to apply your learning to your own health and social care context. Leadership and management skills and knowledge are valuable assets within health and social care environments. If you are looking to access better opportunities or want to enhance your performance in your current post, this course will help you to impress by recognising innovative ways to utilise management and leadership skills and knowledge.
Delivery mode: Distance learning
Start date: Monday 26th September 2022.
Semester One Induction week Monday 19th September-
Semester 1 starts Monday 26th September 2022 to Friday 8th December 2022
N.B. If you have not studied at UoC previously you will also be required to attend a virtual induction.
Please fill in the funding application form below and click submit.
The deadline to complete this application is Monday 4th July 2022 at 9am.
Once applied, please keep an eye on your SWAST emails, as you will be contacted approx 1 weeks* after the deadline to let you know if you have been successful as per the CPD scoring process. You can find more information about the scoring process here. Successful applicants will be given further instructions for enrolment with the university at this stage.
*Please consider contacting us separately if you anticipate being unable to check your SWAST emails during this period.
*Don’t forget you can use webmail to check Trust emails outside of work- ‘How to’ here*
Please note, when applying to study a CPD module with the UoC, you will need to ensure the following or your application will be rejected:
- You must have evidence of some completed study at Level 6 (BSc Level) if you are applying to study at Level 7 (MSc) – This does not have to have been with UoC and does not have to be a full degree, just credit at Level 6.
- You cannot study more than 1 module in the same semester with UoC. (You can apply for more than one module from swastcpd and if you are successful with both, you will need to withdraw from one ASAP if they run in the same semester, so we can offer your place to someone else).
- You cannot apply to complete CPD modules if you are currently studying the BSc top up. (You can apply for modules that start after your BSc top up ends if they are advertised whilst you are still completing it).
- If you intend to study 2 or more modules at Level 7 you should apply for the PgC Paramedic: Practice Development as opposed to applying for the modules. Click here for the UoC web page for more info
- If you study three 20 credit modules at Level 7, you can exit with the PgC award.
- You can’t apply for the PgC once you have 60 credits as the award is not retrospective.
- Please contact Gemma Coombes if you have any queries about applying for study.