Open to ALL staff & students
Essential for SPUECs & Trainee SPUECs
A three-step course aiming to deliver practical, focused, frontline palliative care skills and knowledge to all ambulance clinicians across the whole Southwest.
This training was driven by the results of the EOL & Palliative care survey in the Chief’s Bulletin that asks staff what they needed and wanted. The survey closed on the 30th June.
- The first step will be a focused handbook on palliative care, sent out 2 weeks before the course start date. Please try to read the handbook, before the live course.
- The second step is a virtual, interactive teaching day on July 12th. During this day we will build on the concepts in the handbook.
- *This event has now taken place, but will be available here soon as a video*
- The final third step will be to attend a 1-hour Q&A session. This will allow you to ask any specific questions to a palliative care specialist.
- *You are encouraged to sign up to a Q&A session when starting the course, but you should not attend the Q&A session without doing the previous two steps.
You are encouraged to submit questions as you go through the first two steps in the ‘Submit a question for the Q&A session’ below. You can submit as many questions as you would like. These questions will then be addressed in the Q&A session.
The virtual session will be recorded and made available on this page after editing for those that can’t make the session
Palliative and End-of-Life Care Educational Training – Virtual event
08:30 – 08:45
08:45 – 09:00
Intro and House Keeping
09:00 – 10:15
Palliative Care Emergencies – Dr Sarah Human
10:15 – 10:30
10:30 – 11:45
Legal Considerations – Dr Tania Elias
11:45 – 12:00
12:00 – 13:15
Medical Ethics – Dr Natasha Wiggins
13:15 – 14:00
14:00 – 15:15
Palliative care in the last few days of life – Dr Candida Cornish
15:15 – 15:30
15:30 – 16:45
Complex Conversations – Dr Joanna Lutyens
16:45 – 17:00
- 30th June 2022 – Survey closes
- 12th July 2022 – Virtual teaching date – 0830-1700 – Q&A session at 13:00 with Palliative Care Consultant – Dr Natasha Wiggins
*This event has now taken place- the session has been recorded and will be available here soon as a video once it has been edited*
Booking & joining instructions
Please use the form below to get the link for the video.
This will trigger an email with the video link, the handbook, and additional guidance documents downloads.
This form will open soon so you can get a link for the recording as soon as we have edited the video.