This is a real ‘start at the beginning’ refresher session for those who are willing to perfect their technique when it comes to studying.
This session will equip you to critique papers suitable for any Evidence based Practice style further education module or for own personal research purposes.
Programme of event:
- An introduction to medical statistics.
- How to analyse a paper and on-line aids to evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate the evidence with an understanding of the basic statistical concepts.
This course is works best when taken in conjunction with the Virtual session EVIDENCE SEARCH SKILLS SESSION
- Awareness of availability of Discovery Library physical and on-line service and resources.
- Ability to search for and identify papers relevant to personal needs.
Both these courses are open to ALL staff and Paramedic Science students and is now delivered online.
- November 17th 1000-1130
- November 17th 1330-1500
- November 24th 1000-1130
- November 26th 1400-1530
- December 11th 1000-1130
- December 11th 1400-1530