SWAST have a legal responsibility to respond to acts of terrorism and incidents involving chemicals with the intent of saving and preserving life. There have been several high-profile incidents on UK soil in recent years which have seen significant numbers of deaths and serious injuries associated with them.
The management of these incidents is extremely challenging for the emergency services, calling for a multi-agency joined up approach to ensure the effective command and control of the incident, the rapid deployment of key staff to the scene and the fast, safe and effective treatment and extrication of patients to local receiving hospitals.
Open to all clinical grades, part time and bank staff.
This course will train you to form part of the specialist assets that respond to these incidents and to support the overall care of casualties in adverse environments whilst utilising safe systems of work which protects you and others.
To form part of the teams you must complete initial courses in both MTA (Marauding Terrorist Attack) and CBRNe (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Explosive), followed by training days throughout the year based around team working, clinical skills and command and control. You will also be required to complete an annual physical competency assessment.
- TIS NB 01-01 SORT operating criteria
- TIS NB 01-02 Zones & cordons
- TIS NB 01-03 Casualty Collection Point(s) CCP & Triage
- TIS NB 01-04 Decontamination processes
- TIS NB 01-05 Clinical considerations
- TIS NB 01-06 PRPS
- TIS NB 01-07 Decontamination shelters
- TIS NB 01-08 Generators
- TIS NB 01-09 Water heater
- TIS NB 01-10 Submersible pump
- TIS NB 01-11 Air heater
- TIS NB 01-12 Lighting
- TIS NB 01-13 Casualty Clearing Station (CCS)
- TIS NM 01-01 PPE
- TIS NM 01-02 Joint Operating Procedures
- TIS NM 01-03 Siege Operations
- TIS NM 01-04 Entry Control and Procedures
- TIS NM 01-05 Equipment
- TIS NM 01-06 Warm Zone Operations
- TIS NM 01-07 Emergency Procedures
- TIS NM 01-08 Clinical Operations
- TIS NM 01-09 Multi-agency Working
- TIS NM 01-10 Pre-deployment
- TIS NM 01-11 Command & Control