This is a high quality ambulance specific 1 day CPD session around Cancer, End of Life and Palliative care. It is a great opportunity to learn, share experiences and help you approach these difficult situations professionally.
Using information provided within the case studies, knowledge summaries and wider resources, this module will provide a contextual understanding of Cancer Care, palliative and End of Life care as associated with Paramedic Practice in Emergency and Urgent care.
- Introduction -The Macmillan Cancer Care project & the crucial role of the ambulance service in the wider system
- How Cancer affects people
- Advance Care Planning / advance decision making
- ‘Diagnosing Dying’ Triggers that suggest patients are nearing End of Life
- Holistic Patient Assessment & Management
- Symptom management
- When a patient dies.
- Self care – how do we care for ourselves/ colleagues (Additional support and resources)
- 28 January 2019 – Taunton Ambulance Station, Lisieux Way, Taunton, TA1 2LB
- 04 February 2019 – St Leonards Training College, 241 Ringwood Road, St Leonards, BH24 2SP
- 05 February 2019 – Derriford Training College, Morlaix Drive, Plymouth, PL6 5AB
- 27 February 2019 – Derriford Training College, Morlaix Drive, Plymouth, PL6 5AB