Everyone who interacts with the public is able to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of the population by encouraging and supporting individuals to change behaviours that may be damaging to their health.
Telling people what to do is not the most effective way to help them change. MECC is a skills-based training opportunity that encourages a different way of working and interacting to address poor health and inequalities.
This free online course involves:
- One 3-hour online session
- Three optional MECC e-learning modules which you can complete at your own pace. Click Here for more details.
- Improved confidence in delivering very brief interventions.
- Better awareness of how and when to use opportunities to talk to people about their health and wellbeing.
- Develop skills to empower people to take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
To apply for a place, please use one of the links below to apply for your chosen date:
Link to Apply
Wednesday 17th May 2023
|Wednesday 21st June 2023||9:30am–12:30pm|
Tuesday 18th July 2023
|Tuesday 15th August 2023||9.30am-12.30pm|
Wednesday 27th September 2023
|Wednesday 11th October 2023||1:30pm–4:30pm|
Tuesday 14th November 2023
|Thursday 7th December 2023||9:30am–12:30pm|
**Please note – Places for this course are likely to sell out quickly, so apply ASAP to secure your place.**