Please be aware this is a face to face course which is only being aimed towards Gloucestershire SWAST clinicians at this time.
By popular demand, this accessible and relaxed course is designed to go back to basics to support frontline staff in approaching ECGs with confidence. This session covers cardiac anatomy, how ECGs work, common arrhythmias, tips for getting the most from your ePCR and explores the latest relevant guidelines and pathways. There will be the chance to practice your ECG interpretation in a friendly environment, to ask questions and hopefully even have a little fun! Suitable for all grades with an interest in ECGs. It is recommended that staff complete the level 1 course before doing the level 2.
Presentations will be run with lots of opportunities for learners to get involved. Each learner will have interactive workbooks to complete and take home, lots of case studies to work on in groups and the chance to ask those burning questions!
Learning outcomes for this course are:
- Identify components of the ECG complex and relate to the cardiac conduction cycle and basic cardiac A&P.
- Identify normal ECG parameters.
- Identify common ECG rhythms (catergorized as ‘essential’ for Technicians and Paramedics)
- Identify how to use Mobimed / EPCR to accurately record and document an ECG
- Demonstrate awareness of relevant SWAST clinical guidelines relating to ECGs
- Demonstrate awareness of benefits and limitations of ECGs as a tool in patient assessment.
Dates 2022 (timings of 10:00-13:30)
- 6th July
- 18th July
*New Dates Available (All have the timings of 10:00-13:00)*
- 18th August 2022
- 16th September 2022
- 3rd October 2022
- 7th November 2022
- 16th December 2022
- 16th January 2023
Staverton Airport – Glos. County