Disability Awareness training for Employers
We are delighted to be advertising this remote awareness course on working with and supporting colleagues with different disabilities and lifelong conditions. With this course, you will become more aware of the colleagues who have certain disabilities and you will also learn about the rights that colleagues with disabilities have.
Changing Mindsets is a collection of sessions delivered by experienced trainers from Devon County Council, who have worked in the field of disability for over twenty years.
Known as ‘Changing Mind-set’s’, this will be a collection of sessions which will give you an insight to what it means to be more aware of a colleague’s disabled nature.
Topics covered on this course:
• Introduction to Disability Awareness in the Workplace (covering Models of Disability and Disability Discrimination)
• Access to Work Grant (how to apply for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Access to Work grant for employees, including sharing of lived experience by people who have used it)
• Reasonable Adjustments (what the Equality Act (2010) requires in terms of disability, such as what are Reasonable Adjustments)
• Recruitment and Job Carving (how to provide/enable an inclusive workplace and recruitment process, including ideas for Job Carving)
• Language & Communication
All of these Cohorts/series of sessions will be conducted over a Zoom video call, and for each session there is space for 15 candidates to take part.
Each session will be hosted on Zoom for 15 candidates, and will be from 0900-1300 with regular breaks throughout.
This is a 3 day course run several times for different cohorts. Each cohort/course is made up of 3 separate dates over the course of 3 weeks (1 day a week).
See the information below for the dates of these sessions.
All cohorts/series of sessions will last from 09:00-13:00 and will commence on the following dates:
Cohort 1 – September Tuesday 15th, 22nd & 29th
- Cohort 2 – October Tuesday 6th, 13th & 20th
- Cohort 3 – November Tuesday 3rd, 10th & 17th
- Cohort 4 – Nov/Dec Tuesday 24th, 1st & 8th Dec