Half day workshops covering the following:
- Predicting difficult airways
- Airway ladder
- Basic airway adjuncts
- Laryngectomy and Tracheostomy patients
- Airway simulations
The student should be able to:
- Explain when it would be appropriate to escalate airway management techniques using the airway ladder as described in SWAST Clinical Guideline 03: Airway Management (CG03).
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and practical application of airway management skills (in a manikin/simulated casualty) to achieve optimal patient ventilation and oxygenation as detailed in SWAST Clinical Guideline 03: Airway Management.
- Recognise the clinical significance of different End Tidal CO2 waveforms (detailed in SWAST Clinical Guideline 11: End Tidal CO2 Monitoring – CG11) and explain the correct airway management/ventilation techniques for each waveform.
* Please note, the above hyperlinks take you to the intranet; you will therefore need to be on a Trust device to be able to view them *
– Airway Management (CG03)
– End Tidal CO2 Monitoring (CG11)
– Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilations using T-piece Nebulisation (CG22)
– Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
– Emergency Tracheostomy and Laryngectomy Pre-Hospital Management
Dates and timings are as follows:
All dates will run two identical workshops, one in the morning starting at 9:00am and one in the afternoon starting at 1:30pm. *dates for Roche just added*
|Date of session:||Venue:|
|Mon 13th June||St Leonards, Dorset
|Friday 8th July||Dorman House, Wiltshire
|Friday 8th July||Roche Training Centre, Cornwall
|Friday 22nd July||Roche Training Centre, Cornwall
|Sat 23rd July||St Leonards, Dorset
|Weds 3rd August||St Leonards, Dorset
|Weds 17th Aug||St Leonards, Dorset
We will aim to continue to add dates and locations to reach as many counties as possible.
Dorman House, Malmesbury Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 5LN Link to map
North Education Centre (NEC), Blackberry Hill Centre (Block C), UWE Glenside Campus (Blue Entrance), Manor Road Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 1DE Link to map
Roche Training Venue, Office 214, Advent House, Business Centre, Station Approach, Victoria, Penstraze Ln, Victoria, Roche, Cornwall, PL26 8LG Link to map
St Leonard’s Training Venue, East Division Headquarters Acorn Building, 241 Ringwood Road, St Leonard’s, BH24 2RR Link to map
Please book via the form below.
*If you cannot see the date you are looking for, it means that date is fully booked*
Further dates & locations will be added.