The Addison’s Disease Awareness Sessions will prepare you with information on what the disease is, its origins and the signs that you need to look out for.
It will provide a fair understanding on how easily this disease can be missed, and even dismissed, by thousands of people and what can be done in order to ensure that you can help those who are clear about Addison’s Disease.
Click here to access and read publications relating to Addison’s Disease
The session’s speakers will be Bob and Frances Thomas, who are both volunteers with the Addison’s Self-Help Group (ADSHG).
They will present a PowerPoint presentation, and provide an opportunity to ask questions about the disease and about the group.
The session will cover the following:
- Adrenal insufficiency and Addison’s Disease – what are they and how likely emergency services teams are to encounter adrenal crises.
- An overview of adrenal crisis – why it’s important to get early treatment right, how to spot it, and how to manage it.
- The ways patients can prevent and prepare for emergencies and how this could help you (an overview of various medic alerts and information patients might carry.)
- A chance to discuss experiences with and ask questions of people with adrenal insufficiency for real life perspectives.
The sessions will take place from 10:00-11:00 on the following dates:
- Thursday 16th December 2021
- Tuesday 21st December 2021
You will only need to attend one of the dates for this session.
Fill in the form below and submit your application.
A set of joining instructions will then be delivered to your inbox after successfully applying.